How the Right Livelihood Quest Process Works
The Right Livelihood Quest is a journey of 12 weeks, delivered in either a blended (virtual and in-person) or a fully virtual approach. Due to the current reality of COVID-19, the blended delivery Quests are postponed and only fully virtual Quests are available now.
The Quest is conducted in small and intimate groups of up to 20 participants, in three sequential phases. Phase 1/Preparation is the first 4 weeks of the Quest, where you engage in a series of weekly webinars, guided activities, reflections, experiences, and readings. This is done individually, and you complete it wherever you are. Phase 2/Retreat is a residential 5 day face-to-face retreat (in a blended delivery approach), or a 5-week virtual manner; either way, it is a deep dive and is the core of the journey. Phase 3/Integration happens after the retreat part of the Quest is complete, guiding you to assimilate and integrate the retreat experience and impact into your life. When this phase is complete, you join our growing community of practice of past Quest participants.
Before You Start
To embark on this journey with us, you need to say YES to the following:
- I am committing to attending all the scheduled activities and experiences of the Quest, be they in-person or virtual.
- I am ready to commit to a deep, evoking, and transformative journey, which will bring up both beauty and challenges.
- I am ready to engage fully, without holding back, into my own inquiry and also be a supporter to my cohort members.
- I have a contemplative/reflective practice (journalling, meditation), or, at the very least, I am ready to start exploring one that would resonate. Having one as you go through the program is a mandatory requirement. I am more than happy to share our experience and resources that can be of help for you.
Phase 1/Preparation includes:
- Weekly webinars, introducing the themes and the activities.
- Weekly emails with instructions to guide you through the process. There will be a weekly theme, a reflection question, a task to complete (for instance, make a collage on a particular topic), and a description of an activity to undertake in Nature (once or several times during the week).
- Reading the “Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life” book by Gregg Levoy, and reflect on the insights and ideas that are resonating for you.
- You will get the opportunity to introduce yourself and get to know the other participants. Thus, by the time you arrive to the retreat, you will have already met the other participants, and formed connections that will enrich everyone’s learning and growing experiences of the inquiry process.
Phase 2/Retreat of the process is the residential in-person retreat (Blended Quest), or the virtual guided process (Virtual Quest). Some of the activities that happen during this phase are:
- Morning movement – gentle, yet engaging, movement and somatic activities that tap into the wisdom of the body.
- Experiences that blend diverse indigenous wisdom with psychological and adult learning modalities.
- Theoretical and experiential learning processes blended with large and small group dialogues, individual experiences in the natural world, quiet solitude and reflection time, creative expression moments, and free contemplation/reflection/rest times.
- One-on-one time with myself, to deepen the inquiry into the various dimensions of the Why Me?™ Framework.
Phase 3/Integration guides and supports you to integrate the experience of the Quest/retreat into your life:
- Weekly webinars.
- Guided activities and online dialogues.
Once the Quest journey is complete, you are invited to join a private online community of practice of past, present, and future Quest participants (as a lifelong membership offering). This will become your opportunity to continue integrating the learning of the journey in a community of like-hearted and like-minded others.
The Blended Quest in-person retreats take place in various locations throughout North America, and expanding to other geographical regions as well. The focus is on locations that are fairly secluded and away from “civilization,” situated in beautiful natural settings, with all your needs being taken care of. There are options of sleeping in tents, cabins, and other arrangements, all depending on the specific location and the group you are joining.
The Virtual Quest is done via Zoom, still with a variety of real-time and off-line activities and experiences – individually, with others, indoors, and outdoors.
I am available to you during and after the Quest, for any support, questions, or further explorations that you might be interested in.