How the Right Livelihood Quest Process Works
The Right Livelihood Quest is a 4-months journey. It is conducted in small and intimate groups of up to 20 participants, in three sequential phases. Phase 1/Preparation is the first 3 weeks of the Quest, where you engage in a series of weekly guided activities, reflections, experiences, and readings. This is done individually, and you do it wherever you are. Phase 2/Retreat is a residential 5 day face-to-face retreat. Phase 3/Integration happens after the retreat part of the Quest is complete, and lasts 3 months. You engage in a series of guided online dialogues and teleconferences, assimilating and integrating the retreat experience and process into your life. Then, when this phase is complete, you join our growing community of practice of past Quest participants.
Phase 1/Preparation, the 3 weeks leading to the retreat, includes:
- You will be receiving weekly emails with instructions to guide you through the process. There will be a weekly theme, a reflection question, a task to complete (for instance, make a collage on a particular topic), and a description of an activity to undertake in Nature (once or several times during the week).
- You will also be asked to read “Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life” by Gregg Levoy and “The Big Leap” by Gay Hendricks, and reflect on the insights and ideas that are resonating for you.
- Additionally, you will get the opportunity to introduce yourself and get to know the other participants. Thus, by the time you arrive to the retreat, you will have already met the other participants, and formed connections that will enrich everybody’s learning and growing experiences of the Right Livelihood process.
Phase 2/Retreat of the process is the residential face-to-face retreat. Some of the activities that happen at the retreat are:
- The mornings start with a variety of gentle, yet engaging, movement and somatic activities that tap into the wisdom of the body.
- Ceremonies that incorporate diverse indigenous wisdom.
- Theoretical and experiential learning processes are blended with large and small group dialogues, individual experiences in the natural world, quiet solitude and reflection time, and fun and free reflection time.
- One-on-one time with the facilitator(s), to deepen the inquiry into the various dimensions of the Why Me?™ Framework.
- Celebration and completion ceremonies complete the retreat.
Phase 3/Integration lasts 3 months, and the key focus is to help you integrate the experience of the Quest/retreat into your life:
- This phase is online, in a private area for the Quest participants and facilitators.
- Each month will have a separate theme, and bi-weekly reflections and guided online dialogues.
- Monthly video-conference webinars.
- Individual coaching sessions with the Quest facilitators are available (at an additional, yet discounted, rate).
Once this 4-months process is complete, you are invited to join a private online community of practice of past, present, and future Quest participants (as a lifelong membership offering). This will become your opportunity to continue integrating the learnings of the journey in a community of like-hearted and like-minded others.
These retreats take place in various locations throughout North America, and expanding to other geographical regions as well. The focus is on locations that are fairly secluded and away from “civilization,” situated in beautiful natural settings, with all your needs being taken care of. There are options of sleeping in tents, cabins, and other arrangements, all depending on the specific location and the group you are joining.
Myself (and other trained guides and facilitators) are available to you during and after the Quest, for any support, questions, or further explorations that you might be interested in.